Back to top

If you need to make a change to your vehicle's details, such as colour, fittings etc, please visit a service centre. The changes may need to be verified by an Authorised Examiner, or other Roads and Maritime Services official, before the changes are recorded. 

Locate a service centre
  • Your proof of identity
  • Your current certificate of registration
  • The Change of Records form
  • Safety Check Report
  • Vehicle Identification Inspection Unit (VIIU) report (if applicable)
Locate a service centre
  1. Download, print and complete the Change of Records – PDF form
  2. Gather the required documentation, and then:
  • Visit a service centre and submit your application in person
Locate a service centre

Who's eligible?

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services

Payment methods

For online transactions:

  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).

For phone transactions:

  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).

For transactions in person at a service centre:

  • cash (in Australian currency)
  • cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
  • money order
  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
  • Android Pay app.

Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.

* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre

Source url: