You can change your vehicle's details at a Service NSW Centre, including:

  • basic details, such as colour, weight, shape, fittings, seating capacity and motive power
  • engine details, such as the engine number
  • measuring devices, such as trip meters and taxi meters
  • the compliance date.

The changes may need to be verified by an authorised examiner, or other Transport for NSW official, before the changes are recorded.

What you need

  • the PDF form – 'Change of Records'
  • your current Certificate of Registration or vehicle registration details
  • your proof of identity 
  • your payment (if applicable)
  • the appropriate inspection report or certificate – you may need one or more of the following (depending on your vehicle type and details to change):
    • Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Scheme (AUVIS) report (blue slip)
    • Vehicle Identity & Inspections Unit (VIIU) report
    • Vehicle Compliance Certificate (VCC) 
    • Heavy Vehicle Authorised Inspection Scheme (HVAIS) reports (heavy vehicle unregistered vehicle inspection and heavy vehicle safety check inspection).

Note: You may not need an inspection report, for example, if you’re only changing your vehicle’s colour.

How to change

  1. Download and complete the form Change of Records – PDF.
  2. Gather the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your change request.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

More information

Historical odometer data cannot be changed. You can refer to the vehicle’s logbook and service history to get historical readings.

Last updated: 7 December 2023

Rate the information on the page