The Hull Identification Number (HIN) is the unique identifier for a boat. When a vessel is registered, it requires a HIN certificate, which lists important vessel details.

If you need to change your vessel's HIN data, a Boatcode Agent will have to inspect the vessel. You can then apply to update your details by either taking the HIN modification certificate to a service centre, or by sending it in the mail.

What you need

How to change

  1. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  2. Visit a service centre and provide the information in person, or mail to:

Maritime Product Services
Locked Bag 5100
Camperdown NSW 1450

Last updated: 6 November 2023