If you need to change your name on a one or 3 year recreational fishing licence, call (02) 4424 7499.


You only need to notify us if you:

  • hold a one year licence or longer
  • have changed your name, or
  • your name was spelt incorrectly when applying.

What you need

  • evidence of your change of name or the correction of spelling
  • your one year or 3 year licence, or your renewal number as shown on your renewal notice.

How to change

  1. Call (02) 4424 7499.
  2. Provide evidence of your name change or the correction of spelling.

More information

  • Recreational fishing licences are available as a digital licence. You can view, show, update and renew your recreational fishing fee on the Service NSW mobile app.
Last updated: 12 December 2023