If you want to permanently close your Transport for NSW E-Toll Account, you can do so at a Service NSW Centre. You'll need to pay any outstanding fees when closing the account.
If you're closing an E-Toll Account on behalf of another person, you'll need to provide a letter signed by the account holder authorising you to do so, including details about the closure.
E-Toll Tag Account holders
If you no longer live in NSW you can return your tag by registered post, with an accompanying letter advising that the tag is no longer required.
Refunds can be paid either to your nominated credit or debit card, or by cheque if your account refills are paid by direct debit from a bank account. Your refund will be processed after 31 days.
What you need
- your proof of identity
- your tag (for an E-Toll Tag Account)
- your nominated refund method (if applicable)
- the ABN or ACN (if the account is a corporate/business account)
- an explanatory letter (if applicable)
- a letter authorising you to close the account, signed by the account holder (if applicable).
How to close
You can visit a service centre with your tag(s) and the required information.
If you're unable to visit a service centre, you can close your account by registered post. You'll need to:
- Pay any outstanding amounts on your account.
- Send your tag(s) with your explanatory letter and the required information, by registered mail to:
E-Toll Business Operations Centre
PO Box 1447
Parramatta NSW 2124
Where the account has outstanding fees that need to be paid, the following payment methods are accepted:
- credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club International or American Express)
- debit card (MasterCard, Visa or EFTPOS)
- direct debit from a bank account.
- If you're returning your tag by post, send it registered mail so the package can be tracked.
- If the package is lost in transit you may be charged a non-return tag fee.