If you want to permanently close your Roads and Maritime Services E-Toll Account, you can do so at a service centre. If you no longer live in NSW you can return your tag by registered post, with an accompanying letter advising that the tag is no longer required.
You'll need to pay any outstanding fees when closing the account, and your refund will be processed after 31 days. To receive your tag security deposit refund and to avoid a non return tag fee, you need to return the tag(s) undamaged.
Refunds can be paid either to your nominated credit or debit card, or by cheque if your account refills are paid by direct debit from a bank account.
If you're closing an E-Toll Account on behalf of another person, you'll need to provide a letter signed by the account holder authorising you to do so, including details about the closure.
What you'll need
- your proof of identity
- your tag(s)
- your nominated refund method (if applicable)
- if the account is a corporate/business account, the ABN or ACN
- an explanatory letter (if applicable)
- a letter authorising you to close the account, signed by the account holder (if applicable).
How to close
At a service centre
- Visit a service centre with your tag(s) and the required information.
By registered post
- Pay any outstanding amounts on your account.
- Send your tag(s) with your explanatory letter and the required information, by registered mail to:
E-Toll Business Operations Centre
PO Box 1447
Parramatta NSW 2124
Things to keep in mind...
- If you're returning your tag by post, send it registered mail so the package can be tracked.
- If the package is lost in transit you won't be able to have your tag deposit refunded, or, if you don't have a held deposit, you may be charged a non-return tag fee.
Where the account has outstanding fees that need to be paid, the following payment methods are accepted:
- cash (in Australian currency) (for Easy Toll Accounts only)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn) (for Easy Toll Accounts only)
- money orders (for Easy Toll Accounts only)
- credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club International or American Express)
- debit card (MasterCard, Visa or EFTPOS), or
- direct debit from a bank account.