The free FishSmart app provides essential information for NSW recreational fishers, including:
- bag and size limits
- fishing gear rules
- dates for closed seasons.
The app is available for Apple and Android devices.
You can use the app to:
- record your own fishing log
- see your local weather, tide, moon phase and barometric pressure
- use a real-time map to find marine park zones and locate your nearest:
- Fisheries Aggregating Devices (FADs)
- artificial reefs
- spearfishing zones
- recreational fishing havens
- download fishing guides, such as:
- visual guide of common recreational species
- trout fishing
- regional fishing
- fishing safely
- pay your recreational fishing licence fee
- contact the Department of Primary Industries to report illegal fishing, fish kills, pest species
- contact local Fisheries offices.
How to download
Download the FishSmart app from your app store.
It's available for:
- Apple Watch
- Android smart watch
- Android smartphone
- Android tablet.
Last updated: 28 November 2023