Small Business Debt Helpline services
The Small Business Debt Helpline provides free, independent and confidential help to small business owners and sole traders in financial difficulty.
It offers advice on small business finance, business and personal debts, negotiating and counselling including:
- assessing your financial situation
- managing debts and finances
- tax and BAS
- leases and rent
- access to grants and training
- dispute resolution
- bankruptcy and insolvency
- referrals to specialist services.
The Small Business Debt Helpline was set up in 2020 by Financial Counselling Australia (FCA) with funding from the Australian Government.
To contact the Small Business Debt Helpline:
- call 1800 413 828
- visit the Small Business Debt Helpline website (live chat also available).
Manage being in debt
Having your business in debt can be a daunting experience, but there are positive steps you can take to get your finances back on track.
To find out what to do when you're in debt, from assessing your financial situation through to getting help, visit business.gov.au.
Find out more about what to do when your business is in financial trouble: