If you're a self-managing landlord or property agent, you're legally required to offer a tenant the option of lodging their bond directly through Rental Bonds Online (RBO).

If the tenant is unable to access the online service, or chooses to use the paper-based method, you'll need to lodge a Rental Bond Lodgement form. This form is available through your RBO account.

How to lodge

  1. Select the 'Go to Rental Bonds Online' button and log in to your account.
  2. Select the 'Links' section and download a Rental Bond Lodgement form.
  3. Complete the form, and have the tenant sign it.
  4. Lodge the form and bond:
    • by post to the address on the form, with a cheque or money order made out to Rental Bonds, or
    • in person at a Service NSW Centre.

More information

  • When using the paper-based method you can only take the rental bond after the tenant signs the tenancy agreement.
  • You cannot keep the money yourself or put it into an account in the tenant’s name.
  • Once a bond is received you must provide a receipt, or note the payment details on the tenancy agreement, and provide a copy to the tenant.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 16 April 2024

Rate the information on the page