If you'd like to personalise your number plates, you can order special plates with a variety of options, including background colour, letters and style of plate.
With personalised plates, you can choose new letters and numbers on a set format.
Custom plates allow you to create your own content on an open format.
You can order these number plates online, through myPlates.
What you need
- your email
- your driver licence number
- the proposed content for your new number plates
- the postcode of the suburb where you'd like to collect the plates.
How to order
- Select the 'Order online' button.
- Select ‘Personalised’ or ‘Custom’.
- Select your vehicle type.
- Enter your proposed content to see if it’s available.
- Select a Style Group.
- Select a Style.
- Select Individual or Organisation.
- Enter your name, email and driver licence number.
- Select if your new plates are for an Existing Vehicle or a New Vehicle.
- Enter your postcode and select the ‘Validate’ button.
- Select which service centre or registry you want to pick up your number plates from.
- Confirm your order, or change the Style, Content or Collection Point.
- Agree to the product terms and conditions.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit your order.
- Your number plates will be delivered to the nominated service centre or motor registry in about 21 days from the date of purchase.
- Prestige plates take up to 6 weeks.
- You'll receive a letter advising when they're ready to collect and the necessary documentation you'll need to provide.
- If you haven't received a letter within 28 days of placing your order, please call myPlates on 13 17 58.
- You'll need to hand in your old plates in order to pick up your new plates.
- Please ensure you have the necessary tools and screws with you if you'll be picking up plates for the vehicle you're driving. Operating a vehicle without number plates is illegal.