Number plates that have been damaged, or have faded to the degree that they can't be seen properly, can be replaced online with an exact copy, through myPlates.
You can't order a replacement for number plates that have been lost, stolen or destroyed.
Anyone who has number plates registered in their name.
What you need
- your email
- your number plate details
- your driver licence number
- your old number plates.
How to order
- Select the 'Order online' button.
- Choose your vehicle type.
- Enter your last name, email, NSW plate number, and driver licence number.
- Enter the postcode of the suburb you want to collect your plates from.
- Select the service centre or motor registry.
- Change the 'Collection Point' and/or agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit your order.
- You must give back any existing plate or plates when you pick up your new ones.
- Number plates are delivered to your nominated service centre or motor registry in about 21 days from the date of order.
- You'll receive a letter stating when they're ready to collect, and the necessary documentation you'll need to provide.
- If you haven't received a letter within 28 days of placing your order, please call MyPlates on 13 17 58.
- Remember to take the necessary tools and screws with you if you'll be picking up plates for the vehicle you're driving. Operating a vehicle without number plates is illegal.