If you'd like to keep the content of your current number plates but give them a new appearance, you can order and pay for restyled plates online, through myPlates.
What you'll need
- your email
- your driver licence number
- your number plate details.
How to order
- Select the 'Order online' button.
- Select 'Restyle'.
- Enter your name, email, NSW plate number and driver licence number.
- Select a Style Group.
- Select a Style.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select your delivery option, and either:
- agree to the direct delivery terms and conditions
- enter and validate your direct delivery address
- enter your mobile number and email address, or
- enter your postcode to get your nearest plate collection point.
- Confirm your order, or change the Style or Collection Point.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit your order.
If you don't wish to order online, call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre.
- Vehicles registered in NSW must have authorised plates.
- The plates must match the details on the vehicle's certificate of registration.
- Driving an unregistered vehicle is illegal.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.
Things to keep in mind...
- Number plates are delivered to your nominated service centre or motor registry in about 21 days from the date of purchase.
- You'll receive a letter stating when they're ready to collect, and the necessary documentation you'll need to provide.
- If you haven't received a letter within 28 days of placing your order, please call myPlates on 13 17 58
- You need to hand in your old plates when you pick up your new plates.
- Please ensure you have the necessary tools and screws with you if you'll be picking up plates for the vehicle you're driving. Operating a vehicle without number plates is illegal.
- Direct delivery is only available for privately registered vehicles.
- If you opt for direct delivery, you'll need to agree during your online order that you won't sell or trade your vehicle in the next 21 days, show your ID to receive delivery of your new plates, and have a full set of plates to return in exchange for your new plates.
- You must return your old plates to an Australia Post post office or business centre within 7 days of receiving your new plates, and get a receipt.