The Premier's Back to School NSW Vouchers program helps families with school-enrolled children in NSW pay for school supplies.
Customers can apply for 3 x $50 vouchers, totalling $150, for each eligible child.
Businesses that sell eligible school supplies or school uniforms can register to accept vouchers now.
- On 16 June 2023, business registration closes.
- On 30 June 2023, vouchers expire.
To register as a provider, you must:
- operate in NSW
- declare that your business sells eligible school supplies and school uniform items
- have a current, active Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- have an eligible business defined by either:
- at least one ANZSIC code in Appendix B of the program guidelines
- an ANZSIC code that we assess as eligible based on the school supplies your business sells
- have a valid bank account
- be authorised to act on behalf of the business.
Note: The following people can register as long as they provide a letter of authority:
- your accountant
- registered tax agent
- registered BAS agent
- other business representative.
If your business is not defined by at least one ANZSIC code in Appendix B of the program guidelines but you operate other businesses that may be eligible, you can:
- complete and submit your registration for assessment of eligibility
- call 13 77 88 and speak with a Business Concierge to get help with your registration.
If your ANZSIC code is not a true reflection of your business activities, you can update it on the Australian Business Register. You should seek advice from an accountant or financial adviser before doing this, as making a change may have tax or other implications.
Businesses can only accept vouchers for the purchase of:
- school uniforms, including shoes, socks, hats and sport uniforms
- school bags
- lunch boxes
- drink bottles
- umbrellas and/or raincoats
- school-prescribed textbooks, books or other reading material
- lesson resources and tools, such as art diaries, major work materials, elective subject resources and protective equipment for science classes
- equipment for school sports and art programs
- stationery, including exercise books, pens and pencils, coloured pencils, crayons, markers, highlighters, erasers, glue, scissors, calculators, geometry sets, pencil cases, rulers, pencil sharpeners
- technology for schoolwork: computers, laptops, tablets, keyboards, headphones and computer mice
- excursions, structured learning experiences, sporting or other extracurricular activities.
See the program guidelines for the full list of eligible expenses.
The vouchers cannot be:
- redeemed for any other products or services
- exchanged for cash, gift vouchers or a credit note from the business.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your registration
- 2 personal proof of identity documents, such as an Australian driver licence, Medicare card or Australian passport
- your business details, including your ABN or ACN, name, address and phone number
Note: If the information associated with your ABN is incorrect or does not exactly match your identity document details, your registration may be delayed. Make sure your ABN details are up to date through the Australian Business Register (ABR)
- a letter of authority (if applicable)
- address for each store location, if you have more than one
- business bank account details for the account that will receive payments.
If your business is classified by one of the following ANZSIC codes, you may need to provide evidence that you sell the eligible items listed in Appendix A of the program guidelines:
- 4279 – Other Store-Based Retailing n.e.c.
- 9559 – Other Interest Group Service n.e.c.
You'll need a phone or tablet to scan and accept vouchers using the Service NSW for Business app.
To accept vouchers online or via your point-of-sale (POS) system, you can integrate your website or POS system with Service NSW via an Application Programming Interface (API). Service NSW will provide app details and API integration information to registered businesses.
How to register
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Register online’ button.
Note: You can save and resume your application. If you have not submitted it within 7 days, any details you've entered will be deleted.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to register for the program.
If you have more than one business, you'll need to register each one separately.
If your business has more than one location under the same business name and ABN, you can add multiple locations during your registration.
You'll receive an email to confirm your registration has been received. We'll let you know if you need to provide additional information to support your application.
- You can choose to hide your business locations from the business and voucher finder until you're ready to accept the vouchers. Once registered, you can update your business location details and visibility in your Business Profile.
- We'll provide successful businesses with full details on how to take part in and promote the program to customers.
- Your business will be paid within 5 business days of a voucher being redeemed. Funds will be transferred into your nominated bank account.
- The authorised person who registered the business for the program will be able to keep track of voucher payments via their Business Profile. This person will be able to add other email addresses to a group that will receive a weekly list of transactions by email.
- For more information on redeeming vouchers and receiving payments, visit Premier's Back to School NSW Vouchers – information for registered businesses.
- If you need help or no longer wish to take part in the program after registering, book a call with a Service NSW Business Concierge, or call us on 13 77 88.