If you'd like to register a public passenger vehicle such as a taxi, bus, hire car or tourist vehicle, you'll need to visit a Service NSW Centre with the required documentation.
What you need
- your proof of identity
- your business details (if vehicle registered under business)
- the vehicle's registration details
- proof of your entitlement to register the vehicle
- for taxis and hire cars, a letter of authorisation from Transport for NSW to register the vehicle
- compulsory third party (CTP) insurance (details provided electronically)
- your concession card details (if applicable)
- the PDF form – 'Application for Registration'.
How to register
- Download and complete the Application for Registration – PDF.
- Make sure you have all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
Last updated: 15 November 2023