If you'd like to register a public passenger vehicle such as a taxi, bus, hire car or tourist vehicle, you'll need to visit a Service NSW Centre with the required documentation.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your business details (if vehicle registered under business)
  • the vehicle's registration details
  • proof of your entitlement to register the vehicle
  • for taxis and hire cars, a letter of authorisation from Transport for NSW to register the vehicle
  • compulsory third party (CTP) insurance (details provided electronically)
  • your concession card details (if applicable)
  • the PDF form – 'Application for Registration'.

How to register

  1. Download and complete the Application for Registration – PDF.
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 15 November 2023