General boat driving licences are renewable for one(1), 3, 5 or 10 years and can be renewed online. You're also able to update your contact details, if applicable.Renew online
Renew a general boat licence (not PWC)
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Select 'Next'.
- Enter your licence and renewal number as shown on your renewal notice. (If you don't have your renewal number, select 'Don't have?' and enter your name, birth date and postcode.)
- Select 'Next'.
- Confirm the details of your licence.
- Enter your payment details.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
- If you don't renew your licence within 90 days of the expiry date, then an extra late payment fee is required.
- Licence fees vary depending on the duration of the licence, and whether they are concessional licences.
- You must be under 16 years of age, or hold an eligible concession card at the time of payment, to receive a concession.
- If you hold an unrestricted NSW driver licence (all classes) and a NSW general boat driving licence, you may be eligible to combine these 2 licences on one card. Visit Roads and Maritime Services to make sure you have all the information.
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.