General boat driving licences are renewable for 1, 3, 5 or 10 years and can be renewed online. You're also able to update your contact details, if applicable.
Boat driving licences are available as a digital licence. You can view, show, update, and renew your licence, on the Service NSW mobile app. To find out more about digital licences, see Get started with digital licences.
Note: If you need to renew your PWC licence, visit Renew or restore a personal watercraft (PWC) driving licence
What you'll need
- your general boat driving licence number (as shown on your renewal)
- your renewal number (as shown on your renewal)
- your customer reference number (as shown on your renewal)
- concession card (if recording a concession for the first time)
- your payment.
How to renew
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Select 'Next'.
- Enter your licence and renewal number as shown on your renewal notice. (If you don't have your renewal number, select 'Don't have?' and enter your name, birth date and postcode.)
- Select 'Next'.
- Confirm the details of your licence.
- Enter your payment details.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
Things to keep in mind...
- Licence fees vary depending on the duration of the licence, and whether they are concessional licences.
- You must be under 16 years of age, or hold an eligible concession card at the time of payment, to receive a concession.
- If you hold an unrestricted NSW driver licence (all classes) and a NSW general boat driving licence, you may be eligible to combine these 2 licences on one card. Visit Roads and Maritime Services to make sure you have all the information.