If you hold a corporate commercial agent licence with NSW Fair Trading, you'll be emailed a renewal notice about 60 days prior to the licence expiring. You're then able to renew your licence online.
If your NSW Fair Trading licence has expired and it is:
- less than 90 days after the licence expiry date, you can apply to restore your licence – you may need to pay a restoration fee
- more than 90 days after the expiry date, you need to apply for a new licence.
You can renew for 1, 3 or 5 years.
To renew or restore:
- the corporation must hold a current commercial agent licence that is due for renewal
- you must be the nominated officer
- you must be a fit and proper person to hold a licence.
The corporation is not eligible if you (or any other officer of the corporation):
- are an undischarged bankrupt or taking benefit of bankruptcy laws
- have an exclusion order that prohibits you from carrying out commercial agent activity
- have a NSW commercial agent licence that is currently cancelled, disqualified or suspended
- are a controlled member of a declared organisation within the meaning of the Crimes (Criminal Organisations Control) Act 2012
- have been convicted of a relevant offence within the last 5 years that resulted in a prison sentence or a fine of $500 or more. Relevant offences include violence, harassment, intimidation, weapons, drugs and dishonesty.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- you can create one when you start your application
- you may need details from 2 proof of identity documents (such as Australian driver licence, Medicare card, passport)
- your licence number
- your renewal number (as shown on your renewal notice)
- your business details including your ACN
- the name, date of birth and email address for each officer of the corporation
- a copy of the current National Police Check for each each officer of the corporation, no older than 4 months (in PDF, JPG or PNG format)
- a completed consent form to show you have written consent from each officer of the corporation to share their personal details (in PDF, JPG or PNG format)
- your payment.
Note: Finger/palm prints are not required.
How to renew or restore
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Gather the required details and documents.
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to renew or restore your licence.
When you submit your application, you'll receive a confirmation email.
To renew a commercial agent licence with NSW Fair Trading, you’ll need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account.
By logging in you consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with NSW Fair Trading, a division of the Department of Customer Service.
The Commercial Agent licences – privacy collection notice explains how your personal information will be handled once it is shared by Service NSW.
- If you have not received a renewal notice within 60 days of your licence expiry date, call 13 32 20.
- Officers of a corporation must hold their own individual commercial agent licence to carry out field work.