Text size


If you're a pensioner and have been unable to renew your vehicle registration online because your Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card won't validate, you'll need to visit a service centre.

Renewal at the service centre will be free as long as you have a DVA-issued letter confirming your eligibility.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your DVA Gold Card
  • a DVA letter confirming your concession eligibility (because card will not validate)
  • your NSW Driver Licence
  • your registration renewal notice (not needed if you've opted in to Digital Vehicle Registration)
  • your vehicle and registration details
  • safety check inspection report (if applicable)
  • Compulsory Third Party Insurance payment receipt (green slip).

How to renew

  1. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  2. Visit a service centre and submit your application.
Last updated: 23 March 2022