With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size


Most heavy vehicles need an inspection before registration renewal and your renewal notice will indicate if this is the case.

If an inspection is required, but no bookings are available before the renewal date, you're able to renew the registration without the HVIS inspection provided you have an HVAIS inspection report no more than 42 days old.

Please visit a service centre to renew the registration or call 13 77 88

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your vehicle identification
  • Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance receipt (green slip)
  • an HVAIS inspection certificate, no more than 42 days old
  • proof of eligibility for concession (if required)
  • registration renewal notice, OR
  • the PDF form – Replacement Application (if you're not the first or second registered operator and don't have your renewal notice).

How to renew

  1. Download and complete the Replacement Application – PDF (if applicable).
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.