When your Heavy Vehicle Registration is due for renewal, you will be sent a renewal notice. This notice will tell you what is required for your vehicle to meet the renewal requirements. Most vehicles will require an inspection, which can be booked online up to 6 months in advance. The results of inspection are valid for 3 months only. You can renew a Heavy Vehicle Registration online.Renew online
Renew a Heavy Vehicle Registration
- For your heavy vehicle to be eligible for registration renewal, it must meet all the requirements of either the Heavy Vehicle Inspection Scheme (HVIS) or the Heavy Vehicle Authorised Inspection Scheme (HVAIS). The scheme your vehicle belongs to will depend on the vehicle type.
- The results of a Heavy Vehicle Authorised Inspection are valid for 3 months only. Please schedule inspection and renewal dates accordingly.
- If your renewal can be completed online, the renewal notice will have a Billing ID. This Billing ID will be requested as part of the online transaction.
- If your renewal notice does not have a Billing ID, you will need to visit a service centre to renew the registration on your vehicle.
- Seasonal registration cannot be renewed online. Seasonal registration can only be renewed at a service centre, by mail or by calling 13 77 88.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.Renew online
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.