If your transport concession entitlement card has been lost or stolen, you can apply for a replacement online, provided the card was not within 6 weeks of expiring.

The lost or stolen card will be cancelled, and the replacement card will have the same expiry date as the original one. A replacement fee may apply. 


You must be:

  • a permanent resident of NSW
  • a war veteran from Australia, New Zealand or a WWII Allied Nation having reciprocal pension rights with Australia, and:
    • been rated by the DVA as having a service-related disability of 10% or more, or
    • receive, or have received, payment from the DVA for permanent impairment compensation, and your overall impairment points are 10 or higher.
  •  If your card is within 6 weeks of expiring, you'll need to apply to renew it rather than replace it.

What you need

  • your personal details
  • your DVA file number.

How to replace

  1. Select the 'Replace online' button. 
  2. Select the entitlement type and enter your DVA number and personal details.
  3. Select 'Find'.
  4. Complete and submit the online application.

More information

  • You must carry your transport concession entitlement card (proof of entitlement) when travelling with a concession ticket or a concession Opal card, or you may be fined.
  • Free travel isn't available on fast ferries between Manly and Circular Quay, event shuttle buses, charter bus services, Great Southern Rail services, or NSW TrainLink regional services.
    • However, if you live outside the Sydney and Newcastle suburban areas, you are entitled to a combined total of 3 return or 6 single free journeys on NSW TrainLink each calendar year, for travel within NSW or the NSW portion of an interstate journey. When travelling interstate, you pay the applicable fare from the NSW border to the interstate destination.
  • You'll need to pay a concessional station access fee at Sydney Domestic and International Airport train stations.
  • Check with your Local Transport Operators to find out if they recognise the ex-defence personnel transport concession entitlement card.
Last updated: 29 March 2023