If your tow truck plates have faded, or are damaged, lost or stolen, you can apply to have them replaced at a Service NSW Centre.
You'll need a letter from NSW Fair Trading's tow truck licensing team authorising the replacement – you can call Fair Trading on 13 32 20.
If you still have the old plates they'll need to be handed in before new ones are issued.
What you need
- the PDF form – 'Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration'
- your proof of identity
- a Police event number if the plates have been stolen
- your letter from the tow truck licensing team authorising the replacement
- your old plates (if you still have them).
How to replace
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete the form.
- Gather the required documentation and your plates if you have them, and visit a service centre to submit your application.
Please ensure you have the necessary tools and screws with you if you'll be picking up plates for the vehicle you're driving. Operating a vehicle without number plates is an offence and will incur a fine.