If your tow truck plates have faded, or are damaged, lost or stolen, you can apply to have them replaced, at a service centre.
You'll need a letter from the Tow Truck Licensing Team – NSW Fair Trading, authorising the replacement.
If you still have the old plates they'll need to be handed in before new ones are issued.
What you need
- the Number Plates Application form
- your proof of identity
- your letter from Tow Truck Licensing Team authorising the replacement
- your old plates (if you still have them).
How to replace
- Download, print and complete the Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration – PDF
- Gather the required documentation and your plates if you have them, and visit a service centre to submit your application.
Please ensure you have the necessary tools and screws with you if you'll be picking up plates for the vehicle you're driving. Operating a vehicle without number plates is an offence and will incur a fine.