Text size


If your tow truck plates have faded, or are damaged, lost or stolen, you can apply to have them replaced, at a service centre.

You'll need a letter from the Tow Truck Licensing Team – NSW Fair Trading, authorising the replacement.

If you still have the old plates they'll need to be handed in before new ones are issued.

What you need

  • the Number Plates Application form
  • your proof of identity
  • your letter from ​Tow Truck Licensing Team authorising the replacement
  • your old plates (if you still have them).

How to replace

  1. Download, print and complete the Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration – PDF
  2. Gather the required documentation and your plates if you have them, and visit a service centre to submit your application.

More information

Please ensure you have the necessary tools and screws with you if you'll be picking up plates for the vehicle you're driving. Operating a vehicle without number plates is an offence and will incur a fine.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 26 June 2020