Intentional damage is when a person intentionally or recklessly destroys or damages property belonging to another. The damage may be partial, or have destroyed the property entirely.
Graffiti is the writing, drawing, scribbling or spraying illicitly, on a wall or other surface, defacing another person’s property.
The NSW Police Force Community Portal provides the facility to not only create a Police report online, but to track your report and receive electronic status updates.
You can create an online intentional damage or graffiti report, if:
- the incident occurred within New South Wales
- the incident is not currently in progress and the offender(s) are not at the location or in the area
- no one has been injured
- there has been no verbal or physical confrontation with the offender(s), and they have not been detained
- the damage was not the result of an actual or attempted entry to a premises.
These reports may sometimes be referred to as online malicious damage reports, or online damaged property reports.
If the incident is an emergency or occurring now, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Anyone, even if you live interstate or overseas, or are reporting on behalf of a business, can report intentional damage or graffiti online, provided:
- you have a current MyServiceNSW Account linked to the NSW Police Force
- the incident/crime took place in New South Wales
- you’ve successfully answered the ‘Can I Report Online’ questions.
What you need
How to report
- Select the ‘Report online’ button.
- Answer the “Can I Report Online?” questions.
- Log in to, or create, your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Link to the NSW Police Force from your MyServiceNSW Account dashboard, and once linked, select ‘Launch the Community Portal’ (if applicable).
- Follow the prompts to submit your online police report.