Intentional damage is when a person intentionally or recklessly destroys or damages property belonging to another. The damage may be partial or have destroyed the property entirely.

Graffiti is writing, drawing, scribbling or spraying illicitly, on a wall or other surface, defacing another person’s property.

The NSW Police Force Community Portal provides the facility to not only create a police report online, but to track your report and receive electronic status updates.

You can create an online intentional damage or graffiti report, if:

  • the incident is not currently in progress and the offender(s) are not at the location or in the area
  • no one has been injured
  • there has been no verbal or physical confrontation with the offender(s), and they have not been detained
  • the damage was not the result of an actual or attempted entry to a premises.

These reports may sometimes be referred to as online malicious damage reports, or online damaged property reports.

If the incident is an emergency or occurring now, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.

You can also report graffiti by calling the Graffiti Hotline on 1800 707 125 between 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday.


Anyone, even if you live interstate or overseas or are reporting on behalf of a business, can report intentional damage or graffiti online, if:

  • your report meets the guidelines of:
    • when to report
    • what to report.

What you need

  • your email address
  • your personal details
  • personal details of the owner of the damaged property (if applicable)
  • details of how the property was damaged
  • the location, date and time of the incident
  • a description of the damaged property.

How to report

  1. Select the ‘Report online’ button.
  2. Read the information provided.
  3. Select 'Continue'.
  4. Enter the required details.
  5. Submit your online police report.
Last updated: 21 November 2022