The NSW Police Force Community Portal provides the facility to not only create a Police report online, but to track your report and receive electronic status updates.
You can create an online lost property report if the loss:
- occurred within New South Wales
- is not a firearm
- is not an explosive(s)
- is not chemical(s)
- is not prescription medication.
You can report property that has been lost outside NSW using the Community Portal, but you should also report to the Police Force in the state where the loss took place.
If the incident is an emergency or occurring now, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Anyone, even if you live interstate or overseas, or are reporting on behalf of a business, can report lost property online, provided:
- you have a current MyServiceNSW Account linked to the NSW Police Force
- the incident/crime took place in New South Wales
- you’ve successfully answered the ‘Can I Report Online’ question.
What you need
How to report
- Select the ‘Report online’ button.
- Answer the “Can I Report Online?” question.
- Log in to, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Link to the NSW Police Force from your MyServiceNSW Account dashboard, and once linked, select ‘Launch the Community Portal’ (if applicable).
- Follow the prompts to submit your online police report.