The NSW Police Force Community Portal provides the facility to not only create a Police report online, but to track your report and receive electronic status updates.
You can create an online theft or stealing report, if:
- the incident occurred within New South Wales
- the incident is not currently in progress and the offender(s) are not at the location or in the area
- no one has been injured
- there has been no verbal or physical confrontation with the offender(s), and they have not been detained
- the theft does not involve a firearm, explosives, chemicals or prescription medication.
If the incident is an emergency or occurring now, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
What you'll need
How to report
- Select the ‘Report online’ button.
- Answer the “Can I Report Online?” questions.
- Log in to, or create, your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Link to the NSW Police Force from your MyServiceNSW Account dashboard, and once linked, select ‘Launch the Community Portal’ (if applicable).
- Follow the prompts to submit your online police report.
Anyone, even if you live interstate or overseas, or are reporting on behalf of a business, can report theft online, provided:
- you have a current MyServiceNSW Account linked to the NSW Police Force
- the incident/crime took place in New South Wales
- you’ve successfully answered the ‘Can I Report Online’ questions.