The NSW Police Force Community Portal provides the facility to not only create a Police report online, but to track your report and receive electronic status updates.
You can create an online theft or stealing report, if:
- the incident occurred within New South Wales
- the incident is not currently in progress and the offender(s) are not at the location or in the area
- no one has been injured
- there has been no verbal or physical confrontation with the offender(s), and they have not been detained
- the theft does not involve a firearm, explosives, chemicals or prescription medication.
If the incident is an emergency or occurring now, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Anyone, even if you live interstate or overseas, or are reporting on behalf of a business, can report theft online, provided:
- you have a current MyServiceNSW Account linked to the NSW Police Force
- the incident/crime took place in New South Wales
- you’ve successfully answered the ‘Can I Report Online’ questions.
What you need
How to report
- Select the ‘Report online’ button.
- Answer the “Can I Report Online?” questions.
- Log in to, or create, your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Link to the NSW Police Force from your MyServiceNSW Account dashboard, and once linked, select ‘Launch the Community Portal’ (if applicable).
- Follow the prompts to submit your online police report.