The Toll Relief Rebate Scheme starts from 1 July 2022.
The scheme will offer eligible motorists a 40% rebate of up to $750 if they spend more than $375 on tolls in a financial year.
To be eligible, you must:
- spend more than $375 a year on tolls
- be a NSW resident
- drive a NSW privately-registered vehicle (less than 2794kg tare/unladen weight)
- have a NSW personal toll account (E-Toll or Transurban Linkt)
- have your licence plate(s) linked to your personal toll account.
As a small business customer, you're eligible if you:
- hold a tolling account with a unique ABN
- have no more than two class 2 (light vehicle) tags that are unique and active.
Note: other eligibility criteria may apply. Full details will be in the terms and conditions when claims open early next year.
Claims will open in early 2023
Under the current Toll Relief Scheme eligible motorists claim free or half price registration.
Under the new scheme, claims for a 40% rebate will be available from early 2023. Rebates can be claimed each quarter.