COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you're the carer or guardian and need to transfer the registration of a vehicle on behalf of the registered operator, please visit a service centre.

What you need

  • personal details of registered operator
  • proof of identity of carer/guardian
  • customer number for the carer/guardian (this can be set up at a service centre)
  • proof of acquisition in the name of the registered operator
  • a pensioner concession card in the name of the registered operator 
  • proof of carer or guardian status (court order, Power of Attorney or Statutory Declaration)
  • an unregistered vehicle inspection report (if applicable)
  • proof of Compulsory Third Party insurance
  • the PDF form – 'Application for Transfer of Registration' in the applicant's name (the carer/guardian).

How to transfer

  1. Download and complete Application for Transfer of Registration – PDF.
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and provide the information in person.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.