To apply to register a vehicle as the carer or guardian on behalf of the registered operator, you'll need to visit a Service NSW Centre.
What you need
- personal details of registered operator
- proof of identity of carer/guardian
- customer number for the carer/guardian (this can be set up at a service centre)
- proof of acquisition in the name of the registered operator
- a pensioner concession card in the name of the registered operator
- proof of carer or guardian status (court order, Power of Attorney or Statutory Declaration)
- an unregistered vehicle inspection report (if applicable)
- proof of compulsory third party (CTP) insurance
- the PDF form – 'Application for Registration' in the applicant's name (the carer/guardian).
How to apply
- Download and complete the Application for Registration – PDF.
- Make sure you have the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
Last updated: 15 November 2023