If you're wanting to renew a vehicle registration as the carer or guardian of the registered operator, you'll need to visit a Service NSW Centre.

What you need

  • the billing number (available on your renewal notice or digital Certificate of Registration)
  • a pensioner concession card in the name of the registered operator
  • proof of carer or guardian status (court order, Power of Attorney or Statutory Declaration)
  • a safety inspection report (pink slip) – the mechanic will notify Transport for NSW (TfNSW) of the results electronically
  • compulsory third party (CTP) insurance policy (green slip), which your insurer will usually send electronically to TfNSW.

How to renew

  1. Gather the required documentation.
  2. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 19 June 2024

Rate the information on the page