If you're going to work at a licensed premises (that is, a place that sells alcohol), you must complete competency training in the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA). If you don't have valid evidence that you've completed the RSA training required for working in a licensed premises, you could be fined.

Training providers

You'll need to be trained by an approved training provider.

You can find an approved training provider using Liquor & Gaming NSW's online search and mapping tool.

Applying for an RSA or RCG card

Once you've completed the training, you'll need to apply for an RSA or RCG competency card if you don't already have one.

If you hold a current interstate RSA certification you may be able to work temporarily in NSW.

For information or to see if you're eligible, visit Liquor & Gaming NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol.

Last updated: 28 November 2023