The vehicle registration calculator helps you estimate the costs of registering a vehicle.Check online
Use the vehicle registration calculator
- Select the 'Check online' button to go to myRego.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Choose the type of registration.
- Provide vehicle body type.
- Enter registration usage details.
- Enter tare weight range estimate.
- Enter the date of acquisition.
- Enter market value of vehicle.
- Select 'Calculate'.
- Print out the page with the rego calculation (if required).
- To take advantage of short-term rego, your CTP insurance (green slip) and registration period must match.
- Light vehicles (GVM 4.5 tonnes or less), including motorcycles, can be renewed for a 6-month period and trailers for a 3-month period online, or by phone on 1300 360 782. Please check your certificate of registration for eligibility.
- Stamp duty may be waived if you submit evidence that you were the previous registered owner.
- Additional fees may apply if the vehicle has special number plates.
- Special number plate fees may include a discount if eligible.
- Tare weight equals the empty weight of your vehicle (also known as unladen weight).