If your heavy vehicle has been written-off, you must notify Transport for NSW so it can be recorded on the Written-Off Heavy Vehicles Register (WOHVR).
You must notify within 7 days after:
- the vehicle has been assessed as a write-off and before disposal of the vehicle
- the vehicle has been sold by a self-insurer to a vehicle recycler
- a vehicle recycler decides to dismantle or demolish the vehicle.
How to notify
- Download the form Written-Off Heavy Vehicles Register Notification – PDF.
- Return the completed form to:
Transport for NSW
Written-off Vehicle Unit
PO Box 3035
Parramatta NSW 2124.
Assessors (that is an insurer, self-insurer, motor vehicle recycler, or motor dealer) and licensed repairers must refer to the Written-off heavy vehicle policies and procedures - PDF which details their responsibilities under written-off vehicle law.