COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Disaster relief grant for individuals

Residents affected by the recent severe weather and storms may be eligible for a disaster relief grant.

Call 13 77 88 and ask about the disaster relief grant administered by Resilience NSW.

Disaster declarations

Following severe storms and flooding from Tuesday 9 November 2021, disaster declarations have been made for the local government areas of Bathurst, Bega Valley, Blayney, Blue Mountains, Bogan, Bourke, Brewarrina, Broken Hill, Cabonne, Cobar, Coonamble, Cootamundra-Gundagai, Cowra, Dubbo, Eurobodalla, Forbes, Gilgandra, Glen Innes Severn, Goulburn-Mulwaree, Greater Hume, Gunnedah, Gwydir, Inverell, Kyogle, Lachlan Shire, Lithgow, Liverpool Plains, Lockhart, Mid-Western, Moree Plains, Muswellbrook, Narrabri, Narromine, Oberon, Orange, Parkes, Port Macquarie Hastings, Queanbeyan-Palerang, Richmond Valley, Shoalhaven, Singleton, Snowy Monaro, Snowy Valleys, Tamworth, Tenterfield, Unincorporated Area of NSW, Upper Hunter, Walcha, Walgett, Warren, Warrumbungle, Weddin, Wentworth.

For previous NSW disaster declarations, visit Natural disaster declarations.

Text size

Australian Government payments

  • Disaster Recovery Payment – $1,000 per adult and $400 per child if your home has been severely damaged or destroyed, or you've been seriously injured.
  • Disaster Recovery Allowance – short-term income assistance (up to 13 weeks) if you've lost income as a direct result of the floods.
  • New Zealand Disaster Recovery Payment – support for New Zealanders adversely affected by the floods.
  • New Zealand Disaster Recovery Allowance – support for New Zealanders who have lost income as a result of the floods.

Visit Services Australia or call 180 22 66 to find out if you're eligible.

Additional Child Care Subsidy

Visit Additional Child Care Subsidy Temporary Financial Hardship to find out if you're eligible for extra help with the cost of approved child care.

Disaster Assistance Finder

Complete our online questionnaire to receive a personalised list of available programs and services.

Find assistance now.

Disaster relief grant

If your home or essential household items have been destroyed or damaged by a natural disaster, you may be eligible for a disaster relief grant.

Call 13 77 88 and ask about the disaster relief grant administered by Resilience NSW.


Various banks are providing help for customers affected by natural disaster. Australian Banking Association has a list of banks and their contact details.

Financial counselling

The National Debt Helpline offers free and confidential financial counselling and resources.