Before you deactivate your account
You can deactivate your MyServiceNSW Account online at any time.
Before you deactivate your account, please consider:
- Only deactivate your account if you no longer use it and will not need it again.
- While reactivation is possible, it's not recommended and you must call us to reactivate your account.
- You should only have one account. Do not share accounts with others.
- You will not be able to create a new account using the same email address.
What happens when I deactivate my account?
You will no longer be able to use your MyServiceNSW Account to log in to the Service NSW website, the Service NSW mobile app or other NSW Government websites that use MyServiceNSW Account.
Your account will not be permanently deleted. Any personal details you leave in the account will be saved.
We will attempt to remove any services you have added to your account, but we may not be able to remove all of them.
Removing services will not change your services in any way – it simply removes them from your account.
Can I still access NSW Government services without an account?
What happens to my Service NSW mobile app if I deactivate my account?
When you deactivate your account, you will be logged out of your Service NSW mobile app until you reactivate your account or create a new account and log in again.
You can continue to use the app without an account to:
- access COVID resources and information linking you to trusted government sources
- check any NSW vehicle registration, if you have a number plate
- pay any fine, if you have a fine notice number.
You cannot access the following services on the app without an account:
- COVID-19 digital certificate
- COVID hotspot notifications
- all digital licences and credentials
- vehicle registrations associated with your name
- fines associated with your name
- demerit points balance associated with your name.
How to deactivate
- Log in to your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Go to Deactivate account.
- Enter your account password and select the 'Deactivate' button.
How to reactivate
You can reactivate your account by calling us on 13 77 88.
Our privacy statement explains how we collect and use information.
If you need help with your account, contact us.