If you hold a security operative licence, you can apply online to add another class or subclass, provided you have the required qualifications, training and experience.
You can also remove a class or subclass if you wish.
To add a subclass, you must be one of the following:
- an Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident
- a New Zealand citizen
- the holder of a visa sponsored by a master licence holder, or
- the holder of a visa for a skilled occupation to which the activities authorised by the proposed licence correspond.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- you can create one when you start your application
- you may need details from 2 identity documents (such as Australian driver licence, Medicare card, passport)
- your licence details
- your payment.
In addition, to add a:
- Class 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F to your licence, you'll need copies of acceptable training documents, clearly showing your name, date of issue and units of competency, as specified in Competency requirements for Class 1 licences – PDF.
- Class 2A, 2D, 2E to your licence, you'll need evidence of the required training and experience as specified on the SLED website.
Note: All documents must show your name written and spelt in exactly the same way (unless you provide acceptable evidence of a change of name).
How to apply
- Gather all the required details and documents.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to add or remove a security operative subclass.
Once you've submitted your application, you'll receive an email confirmation and payment receipt.
If your application is approved, you’ll receive:
- a letter if you need to attend a Service NSW Centre to have your photo taken for your new security licence card.
- your new security licence card by post.
Note: If you're unable to apply online, please contact SLED on 1300 362 001.
To apply to add or remove a security operative subclass with the Security Licensing & Enforcement Directorate (NSW Police Force), you'll need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account.
By logging in you consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with the NSW Police Force.
The Security licences and permits – Privacy collection notice – PDF explains how your personal information will be handled once it is shared by Service NSW.