You can renew your security operative licence for 1 or 5 years. This can be done online:
- from 8 weeks before the licence expiry date, or
- within 90 days of the licence expiry date (a late fee applies).
If it's more than 90 days after the expiry date on your licence, you'll need to apply for a new licence.
Once your licence is expired, you cannot carry on security activities. You can resume security activities only after your late licence renewal application is granted. Once renewal is granted, you must wear your expired security licence card until you receive your new card.
You can renew your security operative licence if your licence has not expired by more than 90 days.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- you can create one when you start your application
- you may need details from 2 identity documents (such as Australian driver licence, Medicare card, passport)
- your licence and renewal number (as shown on your renewal reminder notice)
- your name, date of birth and postcode (if you don't have your renewal number)
- your contact details
- your payment.
How to renew
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Gather the required details and documents.
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to renew your security operative licence.
Once you've submitted your application, you'll receive an email confirmation and payment receipt.
You'll also receive a letter if you need to attend a Service NSW Centre to have your photo taken for your new security licence card.
Note: If you're unable to apply online, please call SLED on 1300 362 001.
To renew a security operative licence with the Security Licensing & Enforcement Directorate (NSW Police Force), you'll need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account.