If you receive the Commonwealth Carer Allowance you may be eligible for a refund on some of the vehicle tax paid when registering a vehicle.
- Commonwealth Carer Allowance recipients who are the registered operators of an eligible vehicle
- eligible vehicles must weigh between 976 kg and 2504 kg
- if the vehicle is registered in joint names both operators must receive the carers allowance.
What you need
- the PDF form – ‘Carers Vehicle Registration Concession Declaration’
- your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- the vehicle's details (number plate and VIN number)
- your NSW driver licence number.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Download PDF form’ button.
- Complete and sign the declaration.
- Post your application to the details on the form, or lodge it at a service centre.
- The carer registration concession applies to one vehicle at a time.
- The information you provide will be validated with Centrelink.