COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. Read about the COVID-19 assistance available for NSW residents and businesses. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. Call 13 77 88 for assistance or visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you receive the Commonwealth Carer Allowance you may be eligible for a refund on some of the vehicle tax paid when registering a vehicle.


  • Commonwealth Carer Allowance recipients who are the registered operators of an eligible vehicle
  • eligible vehicles must weigh between 976 kg and 2504 kg
  • if the vehicle is registered in joint names both operators must receive the carers allowance.

What you need

  • the PDF form – ‘Carers Vehicle Registration Concession Declaration’
  • your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
  • the vehicle's details (number plate and VIN number)
  • your NSW driver licence number. 

How to apply

  1. Check the eligibility requirements.
  2. Select the ‘Download PDF form’ button.
  3. Complete and sign the declaration.
  4. Post your application to the details on the form, or lodge it at a service centre. 

More information

  • The carer registration concession applies to one vehicle at a time.
  • The information you provide will be validated with Centrelink.
You'll be taken to another website.