If you're a carer or guardian and need to transfer the registration of a vehicle on behalf of the registered operator, please visit a Service NSW Centre.

What you need

  • the PDF form – 'Application for Transfer of Registration'
  • the carer/guardian's:
    • proof of identity
    • customer number (this can be set up at a service centre)
    • proof of carer or guardian status (court order, Power of Attorney or Statutory Declaration)
  • a pensioner concession card in the name of the registered operator 
  • proof of registration entitlement in the name of the registered operator or carer/guardian
  • proof of compulsory third party (CTP) insurance
  • an unregistered vehicle inspection report (if applicable).

How to transfer

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Download and complete the form in the applicant's name (the carer or guardian).
  3. Make sure you have all the required documents.
  4. Visit a service centre and provide the information in person.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 19 February 2024

Rate the information on the page