A property certificate of registration allows you to work as an assistant agent in one or more of the following areas:
- real estate
- strata management
- stock and station.
This is the starting point to becoming an agent in the real estate and property industry.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- you can create one when you start your application
- you may need details from 2 identity documents (such as Australian driver licence, Medicare card, passport)
- copies of your qualifications in PDF, JPG or PNG format
- your payment.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Gather the required documents.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Follow the prompts to apply for a property certificate of registration.
Apply in person at a Service NSW Centre
To apply for a property certificate of registration with NSW Fair Trading, you’ll need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account.
By logging in you consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with NSW Fair Trading, a division of the Department of Customer Service.
The Property certificates and licences – privacy collection notice explains how your personal information will be handled once it is shared by Service NSW.
- If you already hold a licence in another state/territory or New Zealand, you may be eligible to apply under mutual recognition provisions.
- A certificate of registration is issued for only 4 years and cannot be renewed. During this time, you’ll need to: