If you hold an interstate property certificate, you may be eligible to apply for the equivalent in NSW.  

A property certificate of registration lets you work as an assistant agent in:  

  • real estate 
  • strata management, or 
  • stock and station. 

Applications can be lodged online or at a Service NSW Centre.


To be eligible to apply for a mutually-recognised property certificate, you must:

  • hold a current and equivalent certificate of registration in another Australian state/territory or New Zealand
  • have your principal place of business in NSW or within 50 kilometres of the NSW border.

What you need

  • 2 proof of identity documents (such as Australian driver licence, Medicare card, passport)
  • the following documents ready for uploading in PDF, JPG or PNG format:
  • your payment

How to apply


  1. Check the eligibility requirements.
  2. Gather the required documents
  3. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  4. Follow the prompts to complete your application.

In person at a service centre

  1. Download and complete:
  2. Gather original copies of the required supporting documents, as indicated on the form.
  3. Visit a service centre to submit your application and payment.

More information

A certificate of registration is only issued for 4 years and cannot be renewed. During this time, you’ll need to:  

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 13 March 2024

Rate the information on the page