The Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate helps eligible NSW residents cover the costs of fertility testing.
If you have incurred out-of-pocket costs for eligible fertility tests after 1 October 2019, you can apply for a one-time $500 rebate.
Note: For applications made after 1 January 2023, the rebate amount is $250, regardless of when you undertook the tests.
You can only apply for the rebate once.
Before you apply
Ask your fertility specialist to:
- confirm your eligibility for the rebate. They can do this by reviewing the:
- complete the Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate Declaration form – PDF with you.
Note: Ensure the declaration form is the 2023 form with the claim amount of $250.
Old declaration forms with the $500 amount are not accepted.
The following specialists can confirm your eligibility for the rebate:
- obstetricians and gynaecologists
- obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound
- reproductive endocrinology and infertility
To apply you must:
- be a NSW resident
- be a woman (eligible fertility tests may be for a man or a woman, but only women can submit an application for the rebate)
- have been referred for eligible fertility tests by a general practitioner or a specialist
- have a receipt for an out-of-pocket cost for one of the following pre-IVF fertility tests after 1 October 2019:
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) test
- pelvic ultrasound
- ovulation test
- semen analysis.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- 2 proof of identity documents
- the name of your fertility specialist
- the 2023 Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate Declaration form – PDF completed by your specialist (not your GP). If you’re claiming for a man’s or male donor’s fertility test, they must also sign the form
- one receipt showing out-of-pocket costs for eligible fertility testing (only one receipt and this can be for less than the rebate amount)
- your bank account details for the electronic funds transfer.
Proof of identity
Two proof of identity documents are required. They may include:
- Australian driver licence
- Medicare card
- Australian passport
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian travel visa
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian certificate of registration by descent
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the rebate.
- Old declaration forms with the claim amount of $500 are not accepted.
- Once your application has been successfully reviewed and approved, you’ll receive the rebate in your nominated bank account within 28 days.
- The rebate can only be claimed for out-of-pocket costs after claims from Medicare have been made.
- The Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate is available until 30 June 2026.
- Service NSW stores the health data you provide, including which specialist you’re seeing and that you’ve had a fertility test. To validate your application, Service NSW employees will review your uploaded ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ and receipt.