Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.


If you want to do construction work in NSW, you'll need a general construction induction card (commonly known as a 'white card').

A white card is required if any of the following apply:

  • you're a site manager, supervisor, surveyor, labourer or tradesperson
  • you access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
  • you routinely enter operational construction zones because of your job.

Before applying for a white card, you need to undertake general construction induction training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). They'll require proof of your identity

When you've completed your training, the RTO will:

  • send your application to SafeWork NSW for you
  • give you a statement of training that you can use for 60 days until SafeWork NSW sends you the construction induction card.

Visit the SafeWork NSW website to find an RTO, or to check whether your pre-existing training can be recognised.

You'll be taken to another website.