Text size


If you hold a Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Veteran Gold Card, you can apply for a Gold Opal card.

The Gold Opal card gives you unlimited travel for no more than $2.50 a day, on public transport services across the following regions:


You must:

•    be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
•    reside permanently in NSW
•    hold a Veteran Gold Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details 
  • your DVA file number
  • your DVA unique identification number (UIN), if applicable.

Note: Your name, date of birth and residential address must match the records held by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.

How to apply

  1. Check the eligibility requirements
  2. Select the 'Apply online' button. 
  3. Select 'Veterans concessions' as the entitlement type.
  4. Follow the prompts to complete and submit the online application. 

More information

  • Your Gold Opal card isn't proof of entitlement. You must always carry your DVA Gold Card when travelling.
  • Your DVA Gold card entitles you to:
Last updated: 15 November 2022
You'll be taken to another website.