If you hold a Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Veteran Gold Card, you can apply for a Gold Opal card.
The Gold Opal card gives you unlimited travel for no more than $2.50 a day, on public transport services across the following regions:
- Sydney (not including the Sydney airport station access fee)
- Blue Mountains
- Central Coast
- Southern Highlands.
• be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
• reside permanently in NSW
• hold a Veteran Gold Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- your DVA file number
- your DVA unique identification number (UIN), if applicable.
Note: Your name, date of birth and residential address must match the records held by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select 'Veterans concessions' as the entitlement type.
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit the online application.
- Your Gold Opal card isn't proof of entitlement. You must always carry your DVA Gold Card when travelling.
- Your DVA Gold card entitles you to: