- If you begin filling in the online application form and want to save it to complete later, it's a simple step to resume your application
- You're able to check the status of your application online.
- You can find out how much a marriage certificate will cost on the Births, Deaths & Marriages website
- If the marriage occurred 50 or more years ago and you don't need a certificate for official use, please refer to the Order a Family History Certificate transaction.
- Make sure that the copies of the documents you have scanned or photographed are clear and easy to read. The file types can be TIFs, JPGs or PDFs.
- On successful receipt of your application form and payment you'll be sent a tax invoice to the email address you provided. You also have the option to print the summary page, or your entire application form.
- Certificates are sent by the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages via registered post. They cannot be collected at a service centre.
- Check the turnaround times via the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages website.
- Turnaround times commence when applications are received in full compliance with Registry requirements, and exclude delivery time.
- If you change your mind, or decide the certificate is no longer required, your application fee will not be refunded.
- If you'd like your certificate to be faxed to an Australian passport office, consulate or embassy, you'll need to make that request at the same time as your application, as stand alone requests are not accepted. Please include a request letter if mailing your application.
- Make sure that you indicate which destination office you want the certificate faxed to.
- Certificates are not faxed to foreign embassies, work fax numbers or personal fax numbers.
- There is an additional payment attached to this request.
- To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages
This information is being collected by the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages for the purpose of assessing your application for a marriage certificate.
Service NSW does not collect or maintain any personal information in relation to this transaction.
For further information on how your personal information is handled, please visit Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages