Text size


You need a permit to buy or own a paintball marker (paintball gun) in NSW.

The permit does not allow you to use the paintball marker outside an authorised venue.

You can apply online for a 1, 3 or 5-year permit


You must:

You do not need a permit if you are staying in NSW for less than 3 months and you hold a current equivalent paintball marker permit from another state or territory. 

    What you need

    • a MyServiceNSW Account
    • your contact details
    • one form of identity such as a driver licence, Australian passport or Medicare Card
    • your payment

    How to apply

    1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
    2. Follow the prompts to complete the application.
    3. Attach any supporting documents.
    4. Submit your application with payment. 

    If you're unable to apply online, you can:

    1. Download and complete the Application for a paintball marker permit – PDF and the Paintball permit additional details form – PDF (if applicable).
    2. Send the application and supporting documents by email to FTlicensing@customerservice.nsw.gov.au or visit a service centre to submit in person.

    More information

    The same fee applies for a 1, 3 or 5-year permit. 

    Payment methods

    You can pay online with:

    • PayPal
    • credit or debit card.
    Last updated: 1 December 2021
    You'll be taken to another website.