You need a permit to buy or own a paintball marker (paintball gun) in NSW.
The permit does not allow you to use the paintball marker outside an authorised venue.
You can apply online for a 1, 3 or 5-year permit
- be aged 18 years or over
- pass a fit and proper person assessment
- have completed the NSW Paintball Marker Safety Training course.
You do not need a permit if you are staying in NSW for less than 3 months and you hold a current equivalent paintball marker permit from another state or territory.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your contact details
- one form of identity such as a driver licence, Australian passport or Medicare Card
- your payment.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the application.
- Attach any supporting documents.
- Submit your application with payment.
If you're unable to apply online, you can:
The same fee applies for a 1, 3 or 5-year permit.
You can pay online with:
- credit or debit card.