You need a paintball venue permit to:
- operate a paintball business in NSW
- buy and own paintball markers for use at the venue
- supply paintball markers at the venue for temporary use at the venue
- supply paintball markers for purchase by paintball permit holders
- supply paintball markers to another paintball venue permit holder under a sharing arrangement.
Permits can be for 1, 3 or 5 years.
The applicant must:
- be aged 18 years or over
- pass a fit and proper person assessment.
What you need
- the PDF form – 'Application for a paintball venue permit'
- the PDF form – 'Paintball permit additional details form' (if applicable)
- your business details, including names of any directors, body corporate, partnership or sole trader
- names of any close associates
- the address of each paintball venue
- council approval to operate a paintball venue
- your payment.
How to apply
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete the form.
- Download and complete the Paintball permit additional details form – PDF if applicable.
- Submit your payment online and enter the receipt number on the application form.
- Email the form and supporting documents to FTlicensing@customerservice.nsw.gov.au or visit a service centre to submit in person.
You can pay online with:
- credit or debit card.
- The same fee applies for a 1, 3 or 5-year permit.
- The fee is for each paintball venue.
- Venue permit holders need to ensure that employees who supervise the use of paintball markers must hold a current paintball marker permit. If they do not hold a permit, supervisors need to have completed:
the NSW Police General Firearms Course for Long Arms, if they were employed as a supervisor before 1 December 2021
the NSW Paintball Marker Safety Training course, if they were employed as a supervisor on or after 1 December 2021.
Last updated: 1 December 2021