You need a paintball venue permit to:
- operate a paintball business in NSW
- buy and own paintball markers for use at the venue
- supply paintball markers at the venue for temporary use at the venue
- supply paintball markers for purchase by paintball permit holders
- supply paintball markers to another paintball venue permit holder under a sharing arrangement.
Permits can be of 1, 3 or 5-year duration.
You must be at least 18 years old.
What you need
- the PDF form – 'Application for a new paintball permit’
- your business details, including names of any directors, body corporate, partnership or sole trader
- names of any close associates
- the address of each paintball venue
- council approval to operate a paintball venue
- your payment, as indicated on the form
- the Additional details form – PDF if you answer ‘yes’ to any question in Part D of the application form.
How to apply
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete the form.
- Attach your supporting documents (if applicable)
- Lodge your application, with payment, using the details on the form.
- The same fee applies for a 1, 3 or 5-year permit.
- The fee is for each paintball venue.
- Venue permit holders need to ensure that employees who supervise the use of paintball markers, must:
- hold a paintball marker permit, or
- have completed an approved training course that addresses the safe use of paintball markers and the safe conduct of paintball marker activities.
You can pay by credit card, cheque or money order.