A property certificate of registration lets you work as an assistant agent in:
- real estate
- strata management or
- stock and station.
This is the starting point to becoming an agent in the real estate and property industry.
If you already hold a licence in another state or jurisdiction, you may be eligible to apply under mutual recognition provisions.
You can submit and pay for your application online.
To be eligible for a property certificate of registration, you need to:
- be aged 16 years or over
- have completed:
- 5 core units from CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice (real estate and stock and station agents), or
- 7 core units from CPP40516 Certificate IV in Strata Community Management (strata managing agents).
What you need
- personal and business details
- 2 forms of identification such as:
- Australian driver licence
- Medicare card
- Australian passport
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate (issued within the last 10 years)
- Australian certificate registration by descent
- Indigenous Community Card
- Proof-of-Age card
- Shooting/Firearms Licence
- Working with children/Vulnerable card
- Police Force Officer ID
- Australian travel visa
- evidence of your qualifications
- the details of your previous licence or certificate of registration (if applicable)
- your payment.
How to apply
- Gather the required documentation.
- Select the 'Apply online' button
- Follow the prompts to complete your application.
A certificate of registration is only issued for 4 years and cannot be renewed. During this time, you’ll need to:
- apply for an individual property licence to continue working in the real estate and property industry
- continue professional development, including:
- at least 3 units per year from Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice (real estate and stock and station)
- at least 3 units from Certificate IV in Strata Community Management (strata management).