A property certificate of registration lets you work as an assistant agent in:
- real estate
- strata management or
- stock and station.
This is the starting point to becoming an agent in the real estate and property industry.
You can submit and pay for your application via email or at a service centre.
To be eligible for a property certificate of registration, you need to:
- be aged 16 years or over
- have completed:
- 5 core units from CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice (real estate and stock and station agents), or
- 7 core units from CPP40516 Certificate IV in Strata Community Management (strata managing agents).
What you need
- personal and business details
- 2 forms of identification such as:
- Australian driver licence
- Medicare card
- Australian passport
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate (issued within the last 10 years)
- Australian certificate registration by descent
- Australian travel visa
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- evidence of your qualifications
- the details of your previous licence or certificate of registration (if applicable)
- your payment.
How to apply
Download and complete the Application for Certificate of Registration – PDF.
Gather the required documentation.
To submit your application:
A certificate of registration is only issued for 4 years and cannot be renewed. During this time, you’ll need to:
- apply for an individual property licence to continue working in the real estate and property industry
- continue professional development, including:
- at least 3 units per year from Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice (real estate and stock and station)
- at least 3 units from Certificate IV in Strata Community Management (strata management).