All vehicles, including trailers and caravans, which are driven or towed on NSW roads, must be registered. If you want to register a light trailer or caravan, you can do so at a service centre.
From 1 November 2018, private use camper trailers and caravans (up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass) will receive a 40% reduction on the motor vehicle tax component of their registration. The reduction will be automatically applied to registrations and renewals.
What you'll need
- the PDF form – 'Application for Registration'
- your proof of identity and residential address
- your business details (if applicable)
- a letter of authorisation (if applicable)
- proof of registration entitlement
- your vehicle registration details (if applicable)
- an AUVIS Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Report
- your weighbridge ticket (if applicable)
- a Vehicle Compliance Certificate (if the vehicle has been significantly modified)
- your payment
- your concession card details (if applicable).
How to apply
- Download and complete the Application for Registration – PDF.
- Gather all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and lodge your application with payment.
Things to keep in mind...
Caravans and camper trailers are exempt from stamp duty.