With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size


All vehicles, including trailers and caravans, which are driven or towed on NSW roads, must be registered. If you want to register a light trailer or caravan, you can do so at a service centre.

From 1 November 2018, private use camper trailers and caravans (up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass) will receive a 40% reduction on the motor vehicle tax component of their registration. The reduction will be automatically applied to registrations and renewals.

What you need

  • the PDF form – 'Application for Registration'
  • your proof of identity and residential address
  • your business details (if applicable)
  • a letter of authorisation (if applicable)
  • proof of registration entitlement
  • your vehicle registration details (if applicable)
  • an AUVIS Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Report
  • your weighbridge ticket (if applicable)
  • a Vehicle Compliance Certificate (if the vehicle has been significantly modified)
  • your payment
  • your concession card details (if applicable).

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the Application for Registration – PDF.
  2. Gather all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and lodge your application with payment.

More information

Caravans and camper trailers are exempt from stamp duty.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.