If you want to tow a caravan or camper trailer on NSW roads, you must get it registered at a Service NSW Centre.

Note: When you register, if your caravan or camper trailer weighs from 255kg up to 4.5 tonnes, you'll automatically get a 40% reduction on the vehicle tax.

What you need

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the Application for Registration (TfNSW) – PDF.
  2. Gather all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a Service NSW Centre and lodge your application with payment.

More information

  • A weighbridge ticket is required if:
    • there is no specification sheet or the tare mass cannot be confirmed
    • the trailer is imported
    • there has been a major change to the trailer.
  • Caravans and camper trailers are exempt from stamp duty. To claim this exemption, you’ll need:

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 6 March 2024