If you believe you’re eligible for free or half-price vehicle registration through Toll Relief but were unable to make a claim when renewing your registration, you can apply to have your claim reviewed.
You can also request a review if you don't meet the eligibility criteria, but you believe your circumstances should be given special consideration.
The Toll Relief program started on 1 July 2018 and if you meet the eligibility requirements, you're entitled to either one free 12-month rego or one half-price 12-month rego, for one car, ute, 4WD or motorcycle.
To be eligible for Toll Relief reimbursement, you need to be a NSW resident and have:
- a NSW personal toll account such as Linkt, E-way or E-Toll – if you've moved from interstate, check with your toll provider that you now have a NSW personal account suitable for Toll Relief
- your licence plate linked to your toll account
- make sure you keep your licence plate number/s and your contact details up to date with your toll provider.
- spent $811 or more on NSW toll roads in a financial year while driving a NSW privately registered light vehicle.
You may be eligible for Toll Relief special consideration if you:
- changed your toll provider last financial year, and your accounts when combined reach the eligible spend
- were not eligible for Toll Relief at the time of registration but become eligible before the end of the financial year
- have more than one eligible toll account
- were unable to claim last year due to personal circumstances
- have sold your vehicle
- believe someone else has used your entitlement.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account linked to your toll provider account
- your toll provider details
- your toll account number
- your licence plate number
- your contact email
- your contact number
- your bank account details.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Link your Toll Provider account to your MyServiceNSW account.
- Complete the online application.
- Select 'Submit'.
- Tolls paid on the following roads count towards Toll Relief spend:
- M5 South-West (unless you claim for the M5 South-West Cashback)
- Westlink M7
- Hills M2
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Harbour Tunnel
- Lane Cove Tunnel
- Eastern Distributor
- Cross City Tunnel
- Military Road E-Ramp (Falcon Street off-ramp of the Warringah Freeway).