Tradesperson certificates are issued for drainers, gasfitters, plumbers, roof plumbers and water plumbers. Holders of these certificates are able to work with minimum supervision.
You can apply for a tradesperson certificate at a service centre.
What you need
- the PDF forms:
- 'Application Form - Individual'
- 'Checklist for Individuals' (based on the category of work you're applying for)
- 'Additional Details Form/s' (if applicable)
- proof of identity
- one passport size photograph
- documentation that meets the qualification requirements (certificates and transcripts from the registered training organisation)
- your referee's statement (if applicable)
- certificate of eligibility to obtain insurance (if applicable)
- your payment.
How to apply
- Download and complete:
- Gather the required supporting documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
- The holder of a tradesperson's certificate cannot sign off on the work undertaken. Work must be signed off by the holder of a contractor licence or qualified supervisor certificate.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.