keys2drive is an Australian Government-funded program providing learner drivers and their parents/supervisors a free driving lesson with an accredited professional driving instructor.
The lesson lasts for 1 hour and the learner will get training in the best ways to practise their driving.
In addition, the parent/supervisor will be guided in how to help the learner gain confidence and prepare for safe P plate driving.
- you must be 16 years or older and hold a NSW learner driver licence
- your supervising driver must hold a current full Australian driver licence.
What you need
- your personal details
- a valid email address
- a mobile phone number
- your learner's permit number
- a supervising licensed driver (parent, family member, friend).
How to book
- Select the 'Book online' button.
- Enter your details and select 'Register Now'.
- You'll be sent a text message with your free lesson ID.
- Choose a NSW keys2drive instructor.
- Contact the instructor and quote your free lesson ID.
- Book a time for you and your supervising driver.
- The keys2drive lesson is designed to complement normal driving lessons, not to replace them.
- The ideal timing for the free lesson is after you've done around 5-10 hours of driving, but it is a valuable lesson even when you are close to going for your Ps.
- If you need to re-schedule your lesson, make sure you provide at least 24 hours notice.